The Quapaw Nation Business Committee has been meeting regularly by phone to keep updated on the most current guidance and data from the Center of Disease Control (CDC), regarding COVID-19. After a lengthy discussion on Monday, May 18, 2020, regarding the regulations restricting the number people in a crowd and the social distancing requirement, it was agreed to postpone the 2020 General Council until further notice.
The Business Committee does not take the safety of our elders, tribal members, or employees lightly. All agreed that even though this a very hard and unpleasant decision, it is best for everyone. We will continue to monitor daily the CDC for changes to their guidance and new data. Hopefully, we will be able to reschedule General Council for later in the year. Please stay safe during this challenging time!