Dear Parents and Students,
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Krista Pierce and I am the Director of the Department of Higher Education for the Quapaw Tribe.
- I spent the first part of my life in Bartlesville and Moore, Oklahoma before moving to Riverton, Kansas with my family when I was fifteen. (I might live in Jayhawk country now, but I still bleed OU crimson!)
- Graduated with a BSED in English Education and a minor in Secondary Special Education in May of 2006 from Pittsburg State University.
- Taught English III and AP English Composition at Webb City High School 2006-2007.
- Earned a graduate assistantship with the PSU English department and taught Freshman Composition and Introduction to Research Writing from January 2009 until December 2010, when I completed all of my graduate courses towards a Masters in English (Literary emphasis).
- Currently studying for my three Comprehensive Exams to finish my Masters.
- I am the mother of two boys Sam and Kade and one daughter Khloe (deceased). My kids keep me on my toes—just ask them!
- Have worked with children and students of all ages in many facets: nanny (in Colorado and Alaska), substitute teacher (Special Education Pre-K through high school and alternative programs), teacher (high school, college, alternative programs), daycare teacher, learning center shift supervisor, and of course, as a mom.
My goal is to carry on the tradition of excellence for Quapaw Tribal students. I am so excited about working with parents and students alike—I hope my scope and depth of experience can help me to help you!
If ever you have questions, issues, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me or stop by the office. I am honored to assist in whatever way I possibly can.
All My Best,